One of the biggest upcoming releases of 2020, Marvel’s Avengers, will finally give gamers the chance to jump into the iron-clad boots of Tony Stark, ripped purple shorts of the Hulk, or any of the other core heroes’ shoes for a brand-new adventure; and we’ve got everything you need to know about the big release.
So, what’s it about?
Developed by Square Enix and set for release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on 4 September, Marvel’s Avengers stars Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor in an all-new story, which picks up during a devastating attack which results in the Avengers disbanding. Five years later, with all superheroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is for Kamala Kahn to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
Thoughts so far?
We managed to play a number of campaign and multiplayer missions during the game’s closed beta, and put our thoughts in our Marvel’s Avengers hands-on preview.
When does it release?
Marvel’s Avengers hits Xbox One, PS4, and PC on 4 September 2020, with next-gen releases on Xbox Series X and PS5 in late 2020.
How much does it cost?
- Takealot – PS4 – R1,199 | Xbox One – R1,199
- Game4U – PS4 – R1,199 | Xbox One – R1,199
- Loot – PS4 – R1,097 | Xbox One – R1,097
- BT Games – PS4 – R1,099 | Xbox One – R1,099
- Raru – PS4 – R1,149 | Xbox One – R1,149
- Koodoo – PS4 – R1,099 | Xbox One – R1,099
- Nexus Hub – PS4 – R1,180 | Xbox One – R1,180
- ZAPA Gaming – PS4 – R1,099
- Playstation Store (digital edition) – R1,069
- Xbox Marketplace (digital edition) – R1,069