Steak-lovers, lend me your ears! The Wolftrap Steakhouse Championships is again hunting down South Africa’s greatest steakhouse to find the national champion for 2017, and while the comp is almost over, we now have the top 10 finalists for the coveted 2017 award – i.e., the 10 best steakhouses down here in the Republic.
The below are the 10 that gathered the most votes during the first round, which feature two finalists from CT, two from KZN, two from Pretoria, and one each from Johannesburg, East London, George, and Potchefstroom – so there’s a great mix from all over the country.
The Top Ten 2017 Finalists in alphabetical order are:
- Beef Boys Grill, Potchefstroom – North West
- HQ, Cape Town – Western Cape
- Jayz Grill, Pietermaritzburg – KwaZulu Natal
- Karoo Cattle and Land – Irene, Pretoria – Gauteng
- Little Havana, Umhlanga Rocks – KwaZulu Natal (2015 Champion)
- Rare Grill, Kenilworth – Western Cape
- The Cricketer, East London – Eastern Cape
- The Godfather, Centurion, Pretoria – Gauteng
- The Grumpy Griller, George – Southern Cape
- The Local Grill, Parktown North, Johannesburg – Gauteng (2013, 2014 and 2016 Champion)
In order to find the king of steakhouses in SA, the 2017 Awards ceremony will take place on 18th July at the current Steakhouse Champion, The Local Grill in Parktown North. In addition to Awards for the Top Ten Steakhouses and the Trophy for The Wolftrap Steakhouse Champion for 2017, this year there will be further Special Awards, including but not limited to: Newcomer of the Year, Chain Steakhouse of the Year and Steakhouse Legend of the Year.
We’ll keep you posted…