With the Rugby World Cup kicking-off next month, another studio has unveiled a brand-new rugby game to bring the oval-ball action to gamers.
Rugby Champions, which will release exclusively on Steam on 5 September, comes from Alternative Software, who have developed the Rugby Union Manager games, along with helped on publishing duties with Rugby League Live titles.
While Alternative Software’s background is in the Rugby Union Manager games, the studio says that Rugby Champions is more based on playing matches (as per other rugby titles) rather than the management side of the sport.
The game is also aimed at being an affordable title with pricing planned at around £9.99 (R180) with extensive customisation and mod support, giving the rugby gaming community the tools they need to evolve the game beyond its launch.
Rugby Champions will feature:
– 5 difficulty modes providing gameplay varying from arcade style through to a simulation experience.
– Advanced AI which will provide a genuine challenge to suit any skill level.
– Unique gameplay with unlimited possibilities meaning no two games will be the same.
– Slow mode kicking enabling placement of pinpoint punts, bombs, chips and grubbers.
– Slick passing system making cut out balls and offloads easier.
– Realistic ball retention and turnovers at rucks.
– Detailed match and player statistics.
– Detailed competition leader statistics.
– Half lengths ranging from 7 to 40 minutes.
– Differing international tournament formats.
– Powerful in game Editor.
– Ability to share your rosters with other gamers.
– Watch back entire games with full match replays.
– Dynamic gameplay that flows like rugby match should.