The dress shirt has become a very important part of a man’s wardrobe, especially since jackets are seldom a professional dress requirement these days.
The right fit and style of a shirt can make a big difference to your build. All shirts are not equal. The fit, print and colour are all aspects to consider. Here are my tips to finding your perfect shirt style according to your build.
- Tailored is always better, no matter your build. This doesn’t mean tight, only that it fits your build well. Baggy shirts, even when worn tucked in can make you lose shape.
- Narrowed sleeves give you a slim line look, no matter your build.
- If you have a slim build, wear slim fit shirts to emphasise your physique. Don’t be afraid to play around with style, colour and texture.
- If you have very broad shoulders, make sure that your shirts fit well in your shoulders and narrow at the waist and hips. Resist the temptation to go for a larger size that fits your shoulders but is baggy in the body, just to get the shoulder size right. Rather shop around for a fit that offers more shoulder width or consider having your shirts tailored accordingly.
- If you have a wide mid-section, make use of colour, print, vertical stripes or texture to deceive the eye. It’s very important that your shirt narrows at your waist but are not too tight. A baggy shirt, even if it’s tucked in, is going to make your mid-section look bigger than it is.
- If you have short arms, it’s really important that your shirtsleeves are the right length. Have them shorted if need be. Sleeves that are too long will make your arms look shorter than they are.
For more details visit Makeovers For Men.