Japanese TV and tech brand Toshiba has relaunched TVs into the South African market, boasting eight models, and planning to introduce many more. Furthermore, these Toshiba TVs are manufactured in Cape Town, helping create jobs in the local economy.
Toshiba produced its first colour TV in 1957 and was the first to market with an Android TV in 2014, while the latest models boast exceptional picture quality thanks to their proprietary CEVO video processing engine. Beyond their TVs, Toshiba is known for their laptops, photocopiers, hard drives, USBs and audio devices.
“We are proud to be producing TVs once again in the country, offering exceptional products to South African customers again, and building on the brand’s history and deep relationships with South Africa,” says Mohamed Hamdy, spokesperson for Toshiba.
Toshiba Smart 4K LED TVs are available from Takealot and other leading retailers, and start at R4 299. The current range is outlined below, with the Takealot and Hi-Fi Corp prices respectively:
- Toshiba 40-inch Full HD TV with Digital Tuner – R4,250 | R4,399
- Toshiba 43-inch Full HD TV with Digital Tuner – R4,499
- Toshiba 43-inch UHD Smart TV – R6,399 | R6,499
- Toshiba 50-inch UHD Android Smart TV – R8,498 | R8,999
- Toshiba 55-inch UHD Android Smart TV – R9,898 | R9,699
- Toshiba 65-inch UHD Android Smart TV – R13,499 | R14,299
- Toshiba 75-inch UHD Android Smart TV – R20,499