The Springboks face a monumental challenge of trying to salvage a rather lacklustre Rugby Championship campaign by toppling the All Blacks in Cape Town.
Ahead of the big encounter, we have 13 facts and stats you need to know before kick-off at Newlands:
- The total Test caps in the Springbok starting line-up is 331.
- There are 102 caps in the backline and 229 caps amongst the forwards, with a further 136 caps amongst the replacements.
- The average caps per player in the backline is 15, the forwards are 29 and the 17 caps.
- The average age of the starting 15 is 26 years.
- Elton Jantjies needs nine points to reach 200 points in Tests for South Africa.
- Handré Pollard needs 12 points to reach 200 points in Tests for South Africa.
- After a record 18 Tests as a substitute, Steven Kitshoff will on Saturday finally make his first start in a Test match.
- Wilco Louw will make his Test and tournament debut should he come off the bench.
- The very first Test match between South Africa and New Zealand at Newlands in Cape Town took place on 1 September, 1928. The Test was won by New Zealand with a score of 13-5.
- Saturday’s match will be the Springbok’s 10th Test match against New Zealand at Newlands.
- The Springbok record for the previous nine matches against the All Blacks: Played 9; Won 3; Lost 6; Points For: 89; Points Against: 130; Tries For: 7; Tries Against: 12; Average score: 10-14. Win%: 33%.
- South Africa’s overall record at the ground: Played 52; Won 35; Lost 15; Drawn 2; Points For: 1,014; Points Against: 637; Tries For: 131; Tries Against: 67; Average score: 20-12. Win%: 67%.
- South Africa’s overall record against New Zealand is: Played: 94; Won: 35; Lost: 56; Drawn: 3; Points For: 1,458; Points Against: 1 920; Tries For: 140; TA: 209; Average score: 16-20. Win%: 37%.
Who do you think will take the prize on Saturday? You can place your bets on the Springboks v All Blacks game here.