Sporting fans were treated to some incredible action this past weekend, and we’ve rounded up 5 of the best standout moments that will surely be talking-points around the water-cooler this week.
Check them out below:
1. Arsenal stroker Olivier Giroud’s brilliant long-range effort against Manchester City in the Community Shield match on Sunday, 11 August.
2. Golden Lions thrash Blue Bulls 41-13 at Ellis Park in the opening round of the Currie Cu, validating the Johannesburg team’s status as pre-tournament favourites by taking the full complement of points from the match courtesy of four tries.
3. Jarryd Hayne scores 100th try – Arguably the best rugby league player in the NRL ran in his 100th try when the Parramatta Eels took on the Canberra Raiders, and it was a beauty. The Eels went on to win 18-10.
4. Premiership Rugby 7’s tries – Action from the Premiership Rugby 7’s produced some incredible running rugby and scores, dazzling the crowd and showcasing some serious skill. Check out some of the highlights from the Group A fixtures between Cardiff Blues, Newport Dragons, Scarlets and Ospreys.
5. Josh Bryceland (Santa Cruz Syndicate) incredible run at the Downhill World Cup – Bryceland won the second downhill World Cup of his career and the season in Windham, New York, on Saturday afternoon. The British rider, known as “Ratboy”, finished ahead of home crowd favorite Aaron Gwin (Specialized Racing DH) and Australian Troy Brosnan (Specialized Racing DH).