We’ve had no shortage of upsets in this World Cup group stage; the biggest being that the Germans have fallen to the same champion’s curse that claimed Italy and Spain in the group stages of the 2010 and 2014 World Cups, respectively.
All the group stage matches are over, though, so we’ve got our round of 16 matches good to go:
- Uruguay v Portugal – Saturday, 30 June
- Argentina v France – Saturday, 30 June
- Spain v Russia – Sunday, 1 July
- Croatia v Denmark – Sunday, 1 July
- Brazil v Mexico – Monday, 2 July
- Belgium v Japan – Monday, 2 July
- Sweden v Switzerland – Tuesday, 3 July
- Colombia v England – Tuesday, 3 July
Due to the structure of the groups, the teams on the left side of this image can face each other, with the same being true for the right – who do you think is most likely to make it all the way to the final?
We’re predicting a Brazil v Spain final – let us know who you’ve got your money on!