I recently conducted a few male makeovers in the Kurt Geiger store in Sandton City to demonstrate the difference the right clothing can make to a man’s look.
This Fabian’s makeover
Fabian has very broad shoulders with a narrow torso and legs. The aim is to de-emphasise his shoulders and add a little bulk to his torso and legs.
His look before:
This baggy jersey fits his shoulders, but gives his torso no shape
What I did for Fabian’s makeover and why:
- The v-neck of the pullover works to de-emphasise his shoulders, drawing the eye down his body instead of across his shoulders.
- The fact that the pullover is sleeveless works well as it doesn’t have to fit his shoulders and fit his torso.
- He can wear this pullover over baggy tee shirts to give them shape.
- The pullover adds a bit of bulk to his torso, giving his build balance.
- The slim leg trousers (rather than skinny styles) works to add a little bit of extra bulk to his legs.
All the clothing in the after shot is from Kurt Geiger
More fashion articles: