Are your shoulders and hips the same size, but you want to make your build look more defined? The right clothing can do just that, if you know which shapes and cuts to wear.
Here are some simple tips on how to create the illusion of a defined build. The key is to make your shoulders look broader and your hips and legs look narrower.
- Wear structured padded jackets. Shoulder pads are key to you’re your shoulders appeal broader.
- Wear jackets, shirts and tops that shape your waist and narrow at the hip.
- Avoid double breasted jackets.
- Tapered sleeves slim-line your look.
- Make use of layering, scarves, round necklines to make your shoulders appear broader.
- Shirts and tee shirts with print and detail across your shoulders will make them appear broader.
- Avoid block like prints, rather wear prints and motifs that broaden at the shoulder and narrow at the waist.
- Opt for slim or skinny leg trousers if you have slender legs for emphasis.
Check out more style tips on Makeovers for Men.