Many men don’t fit into the “ideal” body-type mold and could consider themselves a big-guy – which is something to be proud of. However, this can have the illusion of having narrow shoulders, and wearing the right clothing can go a long way to making you look sharp and feel more confident with your build.
Here are a few tips:
Your main objectives are to create the illusion that your shoulders are broader and your mid-section is narrower in comparison.
- Make use of shoulder pads, layering and scarves to add bulk to your shoulders in order to make them appear broader.
- Wear structured styles rather than baggy fits to avoid adding bulk to your mid-section.
- Wear button down, structured jackets. Avoid anything double breasted, as it will add unwanted bulk.
- If you have a generous stomach, opt for straight leg rather than skinny or slim leg trousers to create a sense of balance.
- Opt for slim leg trousers rather than skinny to create a sense of balance.
- Avoid items with pockets or detail that place emphasis on the mid-section.
- Avoid horizontal stripes across your mid-section, but wearing horizontal stripes across your shoulders will make them appear broader.
Check out more style tips on Makeovers for Men.