I recently conducted a few male makeovers in the Kurt Geiger store in Sandton City to demonstrate the difference the right clothing can make to a man’s look.
This is Mo’s makeover.
Mo’s midsection is his widest point and his shoulders are fairly narrow. My aim was to add bulk to his shoulders for balance and to de-emphasise his midsection.
His look before:
His baggy clothing makes him look bigger than he is. I like that Mo is wearing a bright colour on top as it highlights and enhances his complexion, but it does draw the eye to his midsection.
What I did for Mo’s makeover and why:
- This blazer does wonders to add bulk to his shoulders. It also creates the illusion that he is taller than he is.
- The fit of the blazer gives him shape and takes the emphasis off his midsection.
- The deep v-neck of the lapel draws the eye down the body, creating a slimming effect.
- The white shirt complements and enhances his complexion.
- The fit of these trousers work well to balance this build.
- The pointy shoes work to elongate his look.
All the clothing in the after shot is from Kurt Geiger
Check out more from Tracy at Makeovers for Men.