New information for Wicked Witch’s Rugby Challenge 4 has been released via the game’s listing on the Microsoft store, including new screenshots, gameplay details, and a supposed release date.
The new information found on the Microsoft Store, revealed that Rugby Challenge 4‘s release date is 28 July 2020. Given that’s not very far away, it’s likely that the date is either a place-holder, or refers to the ‘Early Access’ version of the game, which was announced on the game’s official Facebook page. This will likely allow gamers who pre-order Rugby Challenge 4 to play the game in an in-development build with updates being added up until the final full release.
Also in the listing is some new previously-unannounced gameplay information:
- Catch your rivals off guard using set plays with 10 different moves, including cross-kick!
- Women’s Sevens Rugby with 16 international teams, including 5 licensed teams.
- Make the ultimate rugby player with both the kit creator and the enhanced player creator!
- AI formations and improved positioning of players making the game more realistic and challenging for those experienced rugby heads.
- Side-line camera angle and drop goal camera allowing for closer simulation to a real broadcast view.
- Cross-platform fanhub – Share, download and rate players and teams using our famous Fanhub across all platforms!
- All-star commentary – Real sports broadcasting commentary with Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall. French commentary by Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
- Multiple Game Modes including: Single Match, Multi-team Competition, extensive multi-year Career Mode and Be a Pro Mode.
- Including the all new Womens 7’s Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Super Rugby Mens 7’s Rugby, and Currie Cup – or even create your own!
Along with a list of the achievements, there are also some new screenshots for the game, featuring a handful of the international licensed teams including the Springboks, All Blacks, Wallabies, Fiji, and England, along with some shots of the Premiership Rugby competition, showing Sale Sharks and Exeter.
Rugby Challenge 4 is set for release on Xbox One and PS4, with a PC and Switch release at a later stage.