Features

Game Releases In SA This Week (4-8 May)

Game releases in SA this week

What games will be invading your consoles and PCs this week?

As the first week of May bashes down our doors, it brings with it some new game releases to please our thirsty gaming souls.

Project Cars

Racing enthusiasts will finally get their taste of the highly-anticipated Project Cars, which launches this week.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios, Project Cars will feature 110 courses and 30 locations for players to race in. These are based on real locations around the world, including Nürburgring in Germany, Zhuhai International Circuit in China, Chesterfield in the United Kingdom, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France.

The game will run on 1080p on PlayStation 4, 900p on Xbox One, and up to 12K on the PC. Both console editions will run at 60 frames-per-second, while the framerate on the PC version will be dependent on the hardware.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (digital edition)

Before the New Order, there was The Old Blood – well, that’s according to what the new standalone Wolfenstein expansion says, which throws players into 1946 Germany before the events of last year’s big Wolfenstein reboot.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood changes little from the basic gameplay of The New Order, but of course, there will be new weapons, locales and enemies for B.J. Blazkowicz to blow to kingdom come.

More game releases this week:

Project Cars (PC, Xbox One, PS4)

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (PC)

Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS)

Kirby and The Rainbow Paintbrush (Wii U)

11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Bhaaa POItjie

May 4, 2015 at 10:56

My Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is pre-ordered and fully downloaded (All 37GB) on my Xbox One. Can’t wait to play it.

Really hope my Pre-order of Project Cars arrives this Friday. I want to send the Games box to my uncle to get it signed by the Slightly Mad Studio Dev teams. Seeing that he is on the team. Maybe I will just get him to sign it.

• Jeremy Proome

May 4, 2015 at 11:11

Awesome – I loved The New Order and keen on the Old Blood too. Missing some WW2 gaming action.

That’s so cool – what does your uncle to at Slightly Mad? We need a great racing game after Driveclub missed the mark a bit

• Bhaaa POItjie

May 4, 2015 at 12:21

If I remember correctly he is the chief operations officer for Slightly mad Studio.

Project Cars is so many levels of awesomeness. the level of detail and the way the cars behave themselves on track is just amazing. Can’t wait.

2. James

May 4, 2015 at 11:55

How have the Wolfenstein games been? The last one I played was the first one.

• Jeremy Proome

May 4, 2015 at 12:15

Very cool! They still pride themselves on being the fun, more direct first-person shooters on the market. Not full of gimmicks but rather just a good shooter.

• Bhaaa POItjie

May 4, 2015 at 12:19

I fully agree. Return to Castle Wolfenstein had some epic moments. I am a HUGE Wolfenstein fan.

• James

May 4, 2015 at 20:59

That’s cool man. Once I’m done masters I think I might binge! I’m very keen on that Batman game.

3. james

May 4, 2015 at 21:00

Is Project Cars basically the new Gran Tourismo?

• Jeremy Proome

May 5, 2015 at 15:13

No, it’s a totally new game from Slightly Mad – the guys who made NFS Shift. Gran Turismo is still plodding along, but I think people are falling away from it after they’ve been let down by underwhelming releases.

• Eben Hattingh

May 6, 2015 at 18:15

I really hope so. One of things about not having a PS4 is GT.