Sporting fans were treated to some incredible action this past weekend, and we’ve rounded up 5 of the best standout moments that will surely be talking-points around the water-cooler this week.
Check them out below:
1. The All Blacks demolish the Wallabies to win the Bledisloe Cup – New Zealand managed to rack up a 51-20 scoreline against the Wallabies in Eden Park, showcasing the current world champions incredible running and offloading skill.
2. Messi’s goal against Elche – Lionel Messi once again proved why he is considered the world’s best footballer, as he controlled, evaded defenders and scored a very clinical goal against Elche this weekend.
3. Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff takes a wicket first ball – Flintoff gets Ian Bell out first ball of his spell in the T20 Blast Final, exactly 5 years to the day since he retired from test cricket.
4. Argentina destroy South Africa’s scrum – Los Pumas have to be commended on their incredible effort on Saturday against South Africa, as the forward pack won four turnovers through penalties off the opposition feed-in during the Rugby Championship match at the Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena.
5. Barba carved up the Knights with a hat-trick of tries – Ben Barba’s hat-trick has helped the Brisbane Broncos keep their season alive with a comprehensive 48-6 win over Newcastle Knights at Suncorp Stadium.
What was your favourite sporting moments from the weekend? Let us know in the comments section below.