Sporting fans were treated to some incredible action this past weekend, and we’ve rounded up 5 of the best standout moments that will surely be talking-points around the water-cooler this week.
Check them out below:
1. Ruan Pienaar’s try against Argentina on Saturday, 16 August, in the opening round of Rugby Championship. Pienaar combined with Cornal Hendricks’ brilliantly to exploit the blindside of the Argentinean defence.
2. Aaron Ramsey’s late-winner against Crystal Palace. Arsenal was held in a 1-1 stalemate against Crystal Palace at Emirates Stadium, but it was the 23-year-old was able to pounce on a loose ball from a corner to secure the win for the Gunners.
3. Swansea trump Manchester United – Swansea were able to overcome Manchester United 2-1 to get their British Premier League campaign off to a good start.
4. Wallabies and All Blacks hold out for 12-12 draw – the All Blacks’ unbeaten run was halted as they came to a 12-12 standoff against Australia in a tightly-contested match in Sydney.
6. Magali Harvey tears apart France in Women’s Rugby World Cup. The Canadian winger scored one of the tries of the tournament as Canada beat France 18-16 to book their place in the Women’s World Cup final.
What was your favourite sporting moments from the weekend? Let us know in the comments section below.